Checking mah emails last night the lurvely Silhouette Screams nominated me for some blog awards! Heck yeah! Thanks lady!! :)
Beautiful Blogger Award*:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Put the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Share 7 ‘interesting’ facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 7 other bloggers
1. Post the logo on your Blog
2. Pass it to 7 bloggers that inspire you!
3. Link the bloggers and let them know
*I ♥ You! Award*:
1. Post award on your blog
2. Link the person who has given you the award
3. Pass the award to 7 other blogs you've newly discovered
4. Remember to contact the bloggers you've nominated
7 "Interesting" Facts About Me:
1. Before I was makeup crazy, I was perfume crazy. I hate b/o and anything stinky so perfume is wonderful. I'd stalk ebay looking for decants and roll ons and little sample vials of scents. I have too many bottles to ever go through in a lifetime and they will go bad before I ever finish one. I'll still buy more. Fruits and Passion's The (accent on the "e") Vert is what's up next! When I was little we had a National Geographic that had a section on "scent" and there was a scratch and sniff of Napoleon's cologne and Cleopatra's perfume. It doesn't smell anymore :(
2. I hate coffee. Being Dutch I'm apparently supposed to be pumping this junk into my veins but I can't stand it. In grade 7 we went on a fish rescue mission and they didn't have anything for a bunch of 12 yr olds to drink but coffee and hot chocolate with marshmallow powder mix. We were all so thirsty so we were scooping the powder like crazy and adding half a cup of coffee to it. Gross!
3. I love the X-Files and before the dvds were out, Space channel used to play the episodes in order and I'd tape them on VHS. My dad even gave me blank tapes for Christmas that year :) I would also tape music videos. Those I could forget. It was mostly Spice Girls, Sarah McLaughlin, Our Lady Peace and Hanson videos hahahah.
4. My bookcase has no sense of order to it. On it you will find my Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual, next to my book of Executions. American Psycho next to the Spiderwick Chronicles. Human Sacrifice next to Coraline. I really do need to go through it to look less crazy.
5. I'd rather watch my favourite shows on DVD. I like buying the entire thing in 1 shot (although when Buffy came out I was very sad, I spent years working on that collection and for $200 they brought them all out IN ONE BOX!) Sometimes I wish shows would just end already so I can buy the whole thing.
6. The only werewolf related anything I'll be interested in is Ginger Snaps or Underworld. Everything else sucks. Ginger Snaps 2 is also awesome. Part 3, not so much. All these books are popping up with werewolves in them. What's so hot about a hairy dude who slobbers in the full moon? NADA That's what!
7. I like lists and have since I was younger. When I was 10 or 11 I even wrote down all the books I read that year because I would take out 15-20 books at a time at the library and kept taking out one's I've already read. The list helped me keep track. Lists = awesome. It also helped me keep track of one's I wanted to read again. I wish I could find it though, there were a couple that I loved and can't remember the titles. One was about these kids in a room or someplace, completely shut off from the world and they even talked different because there was nobody to teach them otherwise. I don't remember what happened, so I'd like to find it and read it again. Also if you like sci that's not too complex and confusing and easy to read, try to find Violet Eyes and Silver eyes both by Nicole Luiken. Just don't read the review on Amazon or it completely ruins the story. Thanks Amazon, for being a jackass.
I dunno if these could all be classified as "interesting" but I had fun thinking back :D
And now! I shall nominate (for all 3 cuz I'm taking the easy way out too and these peeps are probably already nominated to DOUBLE TAG, YOU'RE IT :D )
1. Lisa Kate from Sparkle is my Crack!
2. BLIX from Glitter is my Crack
4. VampiressDoll from Bleeding Beauty
5. Heather from Eyeconic
6. Nea from Fashioned in Finland
7. Lilian from Funny Face's Place
I read a ton of blogs so if I didn't pick you, it doesn't mean I don't love you to bits and pieces. This actually took me about 2 hours to do because I got distracted by the Repo Men movie.
SRSLY?! What was wrong with Repo! The Genetic Opera other than people who hate musicals would hate it? I quite love the Testify song. And Zydrate Anatomy, even if it does have craptastic Paris Hilton singing in it.
I'm forgetting something. Crap. :(
Beauty Favorites June 2017
18 hours ago