Sunday, October 28, 2012

Curls! Sponge Rollers

Adventuring around Googleland for curls I've seen all sorts of nifty ways people can curl hair.  I'd like to try out a whole bunch of these but for now I'll have to use what I do have.  So for this weekend it was my handy dandy Goody Sponge Rollers!

When I first used these it didn't turn out so well.  Since they are sponge, it was pretty easy to be tempted to pull on the roller when rolling it in my hair.  If you pull too tight you will get small angry curls.  AAANNGGRRRRYYYY.

Angry to me anyways.

This time I was a bit more careful and tried to wind them up with just enough pulling to keep the ends in place.

These were also put into clean, dry hair.  I wasn't planning on curling my hair but I was watching Raising Hope and noticed all the females had curly hair and I wanted some too!


Here's my hair freshly dyed (Garnier Intense Light Red 660)



 All sponged up.  I wasn't sure what size goes where so I used the biggest size on top until I ran out and mediums in the middle and so on...and slept in them.

And all pulled out 16ish hrs later. I didn't pull them out until I wanted to leave the apartment so they were in there for a freakin long time.  I carefully unwinded them and took a comb and combed down the spirals in the direction of the curl.  Then tried to separate each curl into 2 and winded them to keep the curls defined.  When it was all done I hair sprayed the heck out of it.

Next time I will have to try to put some product in my hair beforehand like a handmade sea salt spray.  My hair does not hold curl well and after a few hours that bouncy curl you can kind of see in the front of my head, worked its way down my face in no time :(

Here was try number 1 a bit ago.  I ended up throwing a clip in to hold most of the back and left the front bit all crazy.  I hated it.

I've decided small curls are not my friend.

As of right now, I prefer the curlformer/magic leverag curls more (better uniformity) but process wise the sponge rollers were way better.  Sleeping in them wasn't noisy and they didn't really hurt my head.  Curlformers/Magic Leverag for me are something you'd have to do first thing in the morning, to be ready for night.  They are not sleep friendly.


7 comments:

  1. These are awesome! You look so beautiful :D And your hair color is sexy as hell!

    My hair doesn't hold curl well either. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look nice! My hot roller set says to put the small rollers on top and the big ones in the bottom, but maybe that will make them too bouncy.

    I'm somwhere in between curly and sleek, it looks horrible so I either have to straighten it or curl it, but I prefer curling wands. I tried sleeping on all sorts of curling devices, but never managed to sleep well :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just tried this awhile ago. The sponge rollers I used were cheap from Walmart but they work really well when you sleep in them! It looked a little funny as my hair is rather short but it is a nice change to have curls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curls look great! And I love your hair color so, so much! (;

    thescarletjamie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely these are very useful for blogging. I’m glad Google brought me here. Thank you for sharing.
    travesti

    ReplyDelete
  6. We would like introduce ourselves as Rubber & metal bonded rubber parts Manufacturer and Exporter Company. NEERAJ RUBBER INDUSTRIES. a progressive & professionally managed Industrial unit engaged in manufacturing of Rubber components since 1985 Established in 1985 for the past 27 years, we are certified an ISO 9001:2008. We have developed ourselves as leading manufacturer and exporter in all kinds of Rubber based products right from standard items & materials as per Clients samples & Requirements.
    http://neerajrubberasia.com/

    ReplyDelete