Sunday, May 1, 2011

Yellow/Purple/Pixiwoo remake

Just when I think I'm getting better I pop in my memory card, crop and blow up pics and voila! Messy blending, uneven lines, and some skipping in the dark shadows where the primer holds on too much and refuses to budge.

SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!

It's a good thing I don't like people in my personal space so I never have them get close enough to me to notice these things lol

I was waiting at the bus last week and was on a 2 person seat, this woman comes in the shelter, plops her stuff on the empty seat and STANDS IN FRONT OF ME! What!?!

I was trying to read American Psycho but couldn't pay attention because her damn ass was right in front of my face, and she did that loud throat clearing thing that people do instead of just coughing, because you know throat clearing every 30 seconds is way more effective than just coughing once.

There's my weekend ramble. People who invade personal space suck. Like sitting in a dirty shelter didn't feel uncomfortable enough!


Oh well, now that that's out of my system, here's a look I did yesterday.

I was trying to recreate a look Pixiwoo did back in January. I didn't have her colours so I used what I did have. SUGARPILL!! And Wet n Wild. OooO You thought it was going to be an inexpensive look ehhh? Nahh, I dug out some Burberry for the higlight because it's a perfect nude. I've even made a bit of an indent on it, marring it's beautiful plaid surface :( I can't remember the last time I indented a shadow!

The look:




I used:
UDPP
Lid: Sugarpill Buttercupcake
Crease and lower lashline: WnW Golden Goddess palette bottom right brown
Browbone: Burberry Trench 02
Liner: Physicians Formula black (for brown eyes and all that jazz)

The goods:



My look (I wish I used a black)








I <3 Buttercupcake.

Also checking out my stats, someone stumbled on the blog googling "hi-fi cosmetics repackaged" No sirree Hi-Fi doesn't repackage products so shop away :)

Someone was also looking for "peeving girl" I hope to hell they didn't actually mean me even if I am super bitchy a lot of the time...

Here's a pic that's very unpeevey



:)

12 comments:

  1. I've wanted to recreate that look as well, but I just don't know about yellow on me...it looks gorgeous on you though!

    I am the SAME WAY about my personal space, like when you're waiting in line somewhere and the person behind you just has to get close enough so that you can feel them breathing on you....yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow would look awesome on you! As crazy as it is, I think it would work on anyone.
    Lineup invaders! Yuck, that reminded me of the old guy on the elevator once where I could feel him breathing and I had to wait another 6 floors lol. No where to run lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arararargh I must buy Buttercupcake :( Seieng it look so awesome on yer face makes me sad I don't have it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does you not have it yet woman!!?! Tis magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the pixiwoo look, I attempted this a while back come have a look if you're curious

    http://jademusing.tumblr.com/post/2834569498/pixiwoo-inspired-fotd-80s-bright-yellow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I just got the Burning Heart palette after lusting after Buttercupcake forever (literally, since the day Sugarpill opened), so I just may try this look myself!

    And I know what you mean about noticing mistakes when you look at pictures/closeups; I've started checking my makeup with my camera and a hand mirror as I'm working on it to see what I've missed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very fun look ! I like the combo bright yellow and brown ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A look can never go wrong when Buttercupcake is involved! :)

    ReplyDelete