Sunday, November 28, 2010

Too Faced knockoff

hah! I was in Winners today and I saw the Natural Eye palette and it was just $7. I thought it was weird there was no box and the eye on the cover wasn't wearing falsies so I assumed it was old packaging. Too Faced's model eye is wearing awesome false lashes.

Then I flipped it over and realized it's because it wasn't actually Too Faced and it didn't mention "Too Faced" anywhere on it.

But I had a mini fail and forgot to take a pic of the back.

The names are exactly the same. Heaven looked more chalky in the knockoff. I don't think there were any golden sparkles in Cocoa Puff. And Push Up looked like more of a brownish cranberry shade. I also don't think Erotica had much for shimmer in it either.

I am kind of kicking myself in the ass for not buying it though. Part of me wanted it really bad, but the other part said "STOP BUYING SHIT DAMMIT, YOU NEED YOUR MONEY!!"

So here for your curiosity is the Natural Eye palette, and the real Too Faced Natural Eye palette below (I don't know how to side by side pics for comparison)

Fake



Real



Fake



Real



Click on pics to hugeify them and sorry the fake one's pics aren't as clear as the real ones. Fakesies was taken on an iphone that my sir took for me (hence the no back of package fail, I was already annoying him by having him take these 2 lol)

Another reason I didn't buy it even though it was only $7? For the same reason I won't buy MAC knockoffs. You don't know what kinds of shit/chemicals are actually in there. My eyes are bad enough, I don't need neutrals murdering them more!

Would you guys have bought this?

If I wasn't paranoid, and didn't have the original, I probably would have.

10 comments:

  1. Well hell at first glance I probably wouldn't have known that it was a knockoff! It's kind of pathetic how far people are going to fake cosmetics nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty good knockoff! I might not have know the difference. But I probably wouldn't have bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whutwhutwhut? That's insane. Was there other stuff?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, this was in an actual store? That's crazy. Kind of amusing though to see a brand that's not MAC being ripped off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Robyn not that I could see. I wish, if there was a knock off of the "naked" eye I just may have caved to see what the middle shade pinkish colour dupe looked like lol

    @Silhouette Winners is sort of a discount store that department stores toss all their non-selling shit to get rid of. Everything has a "compare to $X.XX" price tag, but I seriously have no friggin clue what department store would have stocked these things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so weird! But I just realized I saw a dupe of their smokey eye palette at this crappy cheap tween store at an outlet mall. Now I wish I had looked at it for more than 2 seconds, it's probably by the same knockoff people! Does it have a brand or company name anywhere on it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the name started with an A but I don't remember :( I should have texted it to myself to look it up, but I was excited to find $1 false lashes lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I study chemestry and the real one have a LOT of chemical that hurts your eyes also. So don't say that the fake one have a lot of chemicals, because the real one have a lot too.

    ReplyDelete