Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Hand Washes The Other!

I feel like I stumbled on a pot of gold here.

I was on twitter and and saw a tweet of a Halloween solid perfume scent being listed on Etsy.

I'm a perfume fiend, and a halloween fiend so 2 in 1 is like MAGIC!

So I clicked the link for One Hand Washes the Other and saw there were more Halloween scents! Ohhhh my.

Now, I've seen this shop before but I must have just seen the lotions and soaps. I was never really interested in those as I have enough to clean and moisturize a small country and I have 2 aunts that have soap businesses (well one still does anyways) so I never felt the urge to buy more.
But perfume? Yeah, I want those. And at $4 how could I not get them? $4! I've bought solids for 3x that and they kinda sucked and didn't last as long as a $12 solid SHOULD. So I thought, hey why not. And I'm very glad I did.

I ended up getting Los Angelitos "..You'll smell: Honey, white flowers, milk, freshly-turned earth, and hay."

and Calaveras "Named for the sugar skulls which adorn the Day of the Dead altars, this fragrance is sweet and spicy. Cinnamon, sugar, orange, and sweetbreads dressed up with a smattering of dried roses on a sandalwood altar."

WOAH! Yeah, that's what I said when I opened it up, I wasn't even expecting samples so that was an extra WOOHOO!! Inside the package I also received samples of Coven, Vera Wang Princess (type) and Desolation Angel.

First, ya gotta love the extra personal touches that come with Etsy orders, this package was more than I expected in so many ways. Just lookie the cute key stamp on the back!



And inside the envelope of wicked:



There was a stamped wax seal on the itty bitty yellow envelope as well, but I wanted to show you the stamp on the front!

Los Angelitos
smelled very much like honey, very pretty, awesomely lovely honey. I am very happy I picked this one!

Calaveras. OOOHHHH YEAAAHHHHHH! This is THE perfect scent to me. I love sugar and spice and everything ni... okay just stuff that smells like spicy candy awesome and this baby HAS IT! Even my favourite edt Curve Crush has chai and sweetness notes in it. GLORIOUS. More scents need to be sweet and spicy. And the orange in this is enough so you can smell it but you don't walk around smelling like a big citrus fruit.

Desolation Angel "Desolation Angel is a tropical, heady blend where cracked coconuts and fresh limes dance amongst swirls of dark musky woods, hint of vanilla, and a sprinkle of powder" This one is very summery and I would totally wear it in the winter to screw with people's heads. It's a really nice tropical scent and I'm bringing this baby to Vegas (yeah I know that's a desert but STILL!) The lime and coconut with the bit of powder make it sweet enough to fall in lurve it.

Vera Wang Princess (type), this is what Princess SHOULD have smelled like. The actual VW Princess makes me sneeze, it smells like when you walk into the perfume dept of the department store and get overwhelmed with the generic mix of everything together with a dose of old ladeh powder, the powder that has sat on a shelf for the last 30 years and the floral notes that were once in there have long rotted and tainted the mix.
No, OHWTO's Princess is so much better! I'm not sure what the notes are in this, but it's very pretty and I'm willing to put my hatred aside for the original Princess to get OHWTO's version instead! It's that good.

Coven "an absolutely bewitching brew of jack-o-lanterns, dragon's blood, patchouli and amber, spiked with citrus and grounded out by a drop of dark and smoky vetivert; it's even an oh-so-festive shade of olive green." This one is a weird one to describe for me. It reminds me of thanksgiving at my grandmas with her potpourri and playing in her back yards or in the park a few houses down. (Our thanksgivings are before Halloween, the 2nd Monday in October) It's very spicy and autumn-y.

Whew! So I browsed her scent listings on the blog because I saw an Etsy listing for 3 scents for $8.99 and since I can never pick just 3 I ended up picking 10 and convo'd for a mega order. I also wanted 4 of the other Halloween scents and a possible oil bottle of one of the scents and she made one for me! So I'll be smelling good for freakin ever.

For my order placed this morning I ended up snagging:
Blue Raspberry
Carnivale
Citrus Cilantro
Desolation Angel
Fevrier
Mountain Dew
Mayan Gold
Nag Champa
Bubblegum
Vera Wang Princess

(4) Halloween LE Solid Scents:
Choco Pumpkin
Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Eater
Coven

(1) 1/3 oz bottle of Calaveras perfume oil

I have a little bottle of Nag Champa from my aunt already but I can't really take it anywhere, leaks on everything! So I was happy to see it in solid form, and so inexpensive!


So I can't wait to get my order!!!

I would absolutely recommend this shop to everyone if you love solid perfumes that smell fantastic for more than reasonable prices.

I'm now even tempted to pick up some of the other items I previously said I didn't need.....

Crazy how needs change when you smell pretty things...

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review! I just got Calaveras with my recent order. I'm really liking it, it is such a different scent. I received a sample of Choco Pumpkin in my order...wasn't real excited about it. I'd like to try Los Angelitos and Coven.

    And I love Desolation Angel! I just got a f/s whipped scrub in Desolation Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love OHWTO scents and soaps <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh how wonderful! I really want to try this shop, they have so many lovely sounding scents. I love how everthing came so beautigfully packaged! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love OHWTO :D I can't wait to do my next order, I want to try all the yummy Halloween scents. Now I'm going to try Desolation Angel too, it sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I ordered the exact same solid scents. Crazy! I looove OHWTO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm even more excited to receive my first order, especially Cavaleras.
    What is the staying power like?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm...I love pumpkin scents...I wear them all year! Especially my Sugar me! Pumpkin (marshmallows & pumpkin) scent from Isle of Eden.
    Unfortunately I can't use OHWTO because they have nut ingredients in just about everything. :-/ Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Peach! Desolation is pretty kick ass! I have a candle that smells just like it!

    Hi Nea! I was quite impressed! I'll be back. I made the girls at work sniff my new goodies :D

    Thanks Lillian :) You should give them a go!

    Hi Heather! Desolation Angel is so pretty, that was the one the girlies at work liked the best.

    Yay Julissa!!! We'll smell purdy together :)

    Hi Erline! They seem to stick around for a couple of hours, one of them stayed on for at least 3. I thought it was gone but I kept getting little whiffs of it. I think it was the Princess one. They certainly last longer than my avon perfumes!

    Blix, imma steal ur pumpkin stuffz. I went to the site but they don't seem to have the pumpkin one anymore :( Maybe some kind soul on Etsy can throw something together. I made one yesterday that'll be:
    Pumpkin Pie
    Chai Tea
    Lavender
    bit of Honey
    bit of Vanilla Mint.
    Can't wait to eat it! I mean wear it of course...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey chica, thanks for the awesome review! I love seeing my stuff makin people happy! I've added a link to your blog on my blog so people can come here and see!! :D

    Blix, the nut allergy thing is something I've never really thought about... now I feel badly :( I currently have perfume oils available which are ONLY jojoba oil and fragrance, though! :) I've been toying with the idea of reformulating the Solid Scents to use mainly jojoba oil and candelilla wax, to extend their shelf life (it's currently about a year)- it would also render them nut-free :)

    ReplyDelete